Shen Hao TFC45-IIB vs TZ45-IIB

<p>Hello all,<br>

do any of you have experiences with these cameras? I am interested in rigidity of the camera frame, as I will be shooting wide angle. I dont relly need rear movements, so the lacking rear tilt and swing of the TFC45-IIB is not an issue. I am attracted to the TFC45-IIB due to weight and size. I will be shooting landscape and some architecture, and I don't have a car... I would guess the TFC45 is a bit more rigid due to the fixed nature of the rear standard, but I don't know. I would prefer a Walker XL Wide or an Ebony RSW45, but I can't really afford it right now.</p>

<p>Hi Christian,<br>

I can't speak to the two cameras you mention, but I do use a Shen Hao XPO that is similar to the TFC, and I can say that the camera is very rigid. The XPO is slightly larger and heavier than the TFC, but offers a few more features. I'm very happy with it.<br>

I'm not sure it is up to Ebony quality, but it is close.<br>

Good luck in your quest.</p>

• 2 weeks later...
<p>I don't know about Shen-Hao's model numbering system but I have one of their earlier models. It is pretty solid, maybe not as refined as an Ebony but certainly not flimsy in any way. That solidness also means the bellows do not collapse as much as in some other cameras and movements can be limited with wide angle lenses. How wide did you plan to go? I sometimes used a recessed lens board even on a 90 to get some movements.</p>