Nikon Wednesday Pic 2011: #17

Matt Laur

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>On our way to the tour train station, I noticed this little boy strayed from his parent in line to pull up his shoe. I went down and took a snap of him. I meant to shoot at f2.8, but found I was at f2 after shot. The film took care of the one stop overexprosure nicely.</p><div>00Ydqw-352839584.jpg.6ed3fc0d50a2808e4d253bd9aa64f9d5.jpg</div>

Natural Bridge, in Springbrook National Park (QLD) is a geological feature created over millions of years by water tumbling through the roof of a basalt cave. It is the home to an amazing colony of glow-worms, whose lights can be seen only after sunset.

Here is my take on this rather serene spot of "wilderness" - "outside looking in" as opposed to the more conventional "inside looking out" shot (see photo in above link).

<strong>Camera</strong>: Nikon D300

<p><strong>Lens</strong>: AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VRII<br>

<strong>Settings</strong>: 1/640s at 70mm, f/4 and ISO 200 (Manual, handheld)</p>

<div>00YduP-352891584.jpg.4b5a7b87111885abb3b577cafc17d02c.jpg</div>

<p>Wenshu Chen, Compliments on your very nice B&W photograph. The lighting is just perfect. Your photojournalist style works well, as it appears that you lowered your position to create such an interesting composition, and being closer to the height of the little boy.<br>

It's good that you are enjoying your F3HP and Ilford film.<br>

Chris</p>

<p>Christopher, thank you very much for your encouragement. I am really flattered. I gained my experiences from taking pictures of my daughter, now about four years old. Actually, she was beside me (so OUR in my text) when I was taking this photo. I just put her down from my shoulders. And yes, I like my F3HP and Ilford film, they help me take less but better pictures. </p>