Developing time correction in Minox tank

max_aleshin

<p>Hi to all!<br>

I developed my third Ilford Delta 100 film. And again it looks underexposed although I checked exposure using big external meter. Very weak contrast. Snow is dark. Even Photoshop can not help to get what I want.<br>

Next film for developing is my first Copex in Nanospeed. I have just taken the Nanospeed bottle and read that developing time is 5.5-6.5 min and 10-11 min for MINOX DOSE. And i wonder what if my Delta is underdeveloped and I should increase proportionally standard developing time for other developers? I used manufacturer recommendation for Delta.<br>

What do you think? Do you use increased developing time in Minox tank? May be small volume and weak agitation requires such prolongation?<br>

...Twenty minutes later... I have just developed Copex. It looks great and much more contrast than my Delta.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Hi Martin! Thank you, but I have read it before. Very interesting. Do you mean my agitation was insufficient? I pumped the termometer for 15 sec every minute for stock Atomal or DDX 1+4. How can you explain that SPUR recommends to increase time for Minox? Max</p><div>00YaDN-349181584.jpg.778b6853dda6480a387a5d5a31788bae.jpg</div>

<p>The Minox tank is designed to have continuous agitation throughout the development stage. With this, I've generally found that the times required are approximately the same as recommended by developer manufacturers for development for the once per minute agitation with a conventional developing tank.<br>

-Anthony</p>

• 3 weeks later...
<p>Just a thought - you mention pictures of snow. Direct metering of snow will lead to approx. 2 to 2 1/2 stops underexposure, for which you need to compensate by giving the same 2 to 2 1/2 stops more exposure than the meter reading.</p>