Arched hallway

ralph_barker

This image has so much going for it. I like the tonal range, which extends all the way from pure black to paper white. (One of my pet gripes is images with a range of dingy grays and no extreme white. - Not infrequently, I see T Max photos with that fault). The composition is very strong, and it has a strong symbolic feeling to it. The long receeding passage seems to evoke some primal archtype; perhaps a Freudian psychologist would see it as a vaginal symbol, or perhaps it evokes a suggestion of a passage to the next world.....Anyway I think it's a very fine photograph. My compliments to the chef.

-Ollie

<a href=http://www.web-graphics.com/steinerphoto>web graphics.com/steinerphoto</a>

Cool shot. The windows create a frozen strobe effect, which of course is

imaginatively impossible. But you've done it. All quite subtle & visually

mysterious. That offset black door at the end almost beckons, almost sends

out a warning signal. And I like the utter simplicity. A nice example of 35mm

work. I wdn't have been surprised if you'd noted you'd used a 4x5.

I�ll have to be the pessimist here and say that, although this photo appears to have good tonal range and the composition is textbook, it is lacking in creativity and boring. This photo has been done ad nauseam.

If you were a college art school student, the professor would give you about 65 out of 100 for this but a middle school photography teacher might give you an A and a gold smiley face.