Suddenly lost the option Submit for critique

mark_q

<p>Firstly I'm a subscriber to PN and have to admit being lately passive in uploading new photos and writing comments. Have lost my film cans as the result of this laziness.<br>

Today I uploaded three new photos and experienced something: I was able to make just one submission for critique, the second photo gave just <strong>Submit for rating</strong> as the only option.<br>

I have been reading several forum discussions about so many people being just "takers" not "givers", so maybe there is a new (hidden) feature that kinda force me to write comments to others in order to be able to ask any myself?<br>

Or something else?</p>

<p>The limit for subscribers is 4 critique requests in 24 hours. It's not "date" based, but "clock" based, if that makes sense.</p>

<p>You submitted 3 for critique yesterday and one today, so you have probably hit the "4 in 24" limit. Later today, you should be able to request a few more if you wish.</p>

<blockquote>

<p><em>I have been reading several forum discussions about so many people being just "takers" not "givers", so maybe there is a new (hidden) feature that kinda force me to write comments to others in order to be able to ask any myself?</em></p>

</blockquote>

<p>While something like that is possibly in the works, even if it had been implemented without being announced I can't imagine that is would apply as a limiting factor in your case given your critiquing history.</p>

<p>You requested THREE critiques yesterday (4/3/11). Remember that the limit is FOUR per <strong>24 HOUR</strong> period for subscribers, <strong>not</strong> four per calendar day. Your first one today is obviously the 4th in the past 24 hours. Later tonight you should be able to submit 3 more for critique, after at least 24 hours has passed since the submission of your third request yesterday.</p>

<p>edit ... obviously I type way too slowwwww. :)</p>

<p>Josh & Michael,<br /> Thanks for your explanations. My bad haven't thought of this limit although have read it. My bad (usually won't ask for critique this often as yesterday).<br>

As afterthough this limit is fair somehow limiting those with massive uploading scheme/large portfolios.</p>