MB-D80

jerry_curtis

<p>The correct grip for the D7000 is the Nikon MB-D11. The MB-D80 grip is designed for the D80 and D90 and I don't believe it will fit or function on the the D70. I don't believe Nikon made a grip for the D70 but there are 3rd party grips available for about $50.</p>

<p>I never bought an MB-D11 for my D7000, but as far as I know, while you can only put one EN-EL15 battery inside the MB-D11, you can still leave another EN-EL15 inside the D7000 itself. Therefore, you can have two EN-EL15 batteries simultaneously inside the D7000 + MB-D11 combo. However, having two batteries will only serve the purpose to prolong the total battery life; it cannot make the D7000 go faster than 6 frames/sec, which it can already achieve without the MB-D11.</p>

<blockquote>

<p><em>I'm thinking that it won't.</em></p>

</blockquote>

<p>You're right. It won't. :-)</p>

<p>If it did, it would be listed in the "Compatible With" section on this page. It isn't.<br>

http://www.nikonusa.com/Nikon-Products/Product/Batteries/25345/MB-D80-Multi-Power-Battery-Pack.html#tab-ProductDetail.ProductTabs.CompatibleWith</p>

<p>Hi Shun,</p>

<blockquote>

<p>"Therefore, you can have two EN-EL15 batteries simultaneously inside the D7000 + MB-D11 combo."</p>

Do you mean 2 EN-EL15's in Camera body + 1 in MB-D11 = 3 EN-EL15's? How do you get 2 EN-EL15's in camera body?

<blockquote></blockquote>

<p> </p>

</blockquote>

<p>Eric, one EN-EL15 battery would be in the MB-D11 and the other would be in it's regular spot in the camera body.</p>

<p>The MB-D11 is not like the MB-D80 where you remove the battery and battery door from the D80/D90 body and install both batteries in the MB-D80 - the MB-D80 has an L shape to it. This allows you to remove either battery easily for charging. The MB-D11 attaches to the bottom of the camera and is flat - you remove a cover near the battery door to get to the contacts for the grip. You have to remove the MB-D11 to get to the battery in the body to charge it.</p>