Leica M2: what exposimeter do you suggest?

<p>I found a Leica M2 with Summicron 50 and Leicameter MC, but the Leicameter MC is not working (it can't read any EV under 12). I would like to have a suggestion for a new exposimeter, that I would like to put on the top of the camera like the Leicameter MC, and that can work well also in low-light conditions.<br />Thanks.</p>

<p>The Leica-Meter MR works in lower light than the MC. You can find one if you are persistent. I use one on my M2.</p>

<p>You can get Leica-Meters and most others repaired and calibrated by Quality Light-Metrics in California. They are at 7095 Hollywood Blvd. in Los Angeles. Just Google it.</p>

<p>Thanks for the answers. I live in Italy and I could find no place that could repair my Leicameter MC.<br>

I know of course that there are the red and black dot settings, but in both situation the exposimeter can't read 11EV. The Leicameter MC has been tested by a professional technician that used proper equipment to test the exposimeter, and he told me that the exposimeter stops to read correctly if a value of 11EV is used.<br>

I sent an email to Mr. Stephen to know some information (including shipping cost) about the VC II.<br>

Does anybody know a place in Europe or, better, Italy, where I can find this kind of exposimeters (including Leicameter MC, VC II and Gossen)?</p>

<p> I have used an M2 extensively with both a Leitz MR-4 and a Gossen Digisix. I've settled on the Digisix as it easily changes between incident and reflected readings. The readout is in EV for iso 100 which is nice since I tend to think in those terms while making images. Old habit from Hasselblad use. The Digisix is accurate and unobtrusive when used hand held. I don't like adding to the size and bulk of the M2 with accessories while shooting. There is also an optional hot shoe attachment if you want it camera mounted. Still, the meter coupling of the MR-4 is nice. Just some observations.</p>

<p>By far the best light meter available today is free! A free program called Light Meter is available for the iPhone. This is a very sensitive digital meter that uses the iPhone camera. You tap the screen in different areas the image to see the exposure. You see the effect on the entire image when that "spot" is used for the exposure. So the iPhone becomes a combination digitial lightmeter, a zone method lightmeter, and a spot meter. This is way better than any of the meters in my extensive collection ranging from classic vintage meters like Westons, the GE PR!, Gossen, and better than any of my modern digital lightmeters. Thanks to a suggestion by Ken Rockwell, I discovered this. Other people are using their iPhones as digital LiveView viewfinders, and there is also a iPhone view finder app, but it costs $8. There is an Arca accessory for mounting an iPhone on an Arca field camera, but I haven't seen any hot shoe mounts so far.<br>

==Doug</p>

<p>Thanks again for the asnwers.<br>

I have emailed both link from Robert Hooper but I received no answer, I will wait more.<br>

Douglas Body, thanks, but I have no iPhone, iPad or simlar products, and I was looking for something small, that could be fitted on the top of the M2.</p>