Changing Or Deleting IPTC Data

<p>I recently bought a used Canon 1Ds Mark III. I just discovered that the IPTC information shows the former owner's name as the "author" and the "creator" of each image I've made with the camera (fortunately not a huge number so far).<br>

I don't care about changing this on the photographs I've already made but I'd like to stop his name from appearing in all my future photographs. I would be happy to either add my name or just have no name at all in those two fields. I've searched and found a lot of information about IPTC data but most of it relates to either changing it on existing files which I don't care about or buying software that apparently edits the type of information entered, neither of which is what I want to do, I just want to get rid of the former owner's name in the future. Could someone explain how to do this or point me to a source that explains it? I'm using CS5 and a Dell desktop PC. I don't use Lightroom.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>I don't own this camera but more than likely you can change it in the menu of the camera. With your previous images you already have on the computer, it's easy to change the author once you have made a metadata template. In Bridge, go to Tools>Create Metadata Template. There you can fill in the fields. Once you've done that, and still in Bridge, find and select your photos that you wish to change and then Tools>Replace Metadata and you'll have your info.</p>