7D - grid only showing in live view

emilyray

<p>hello<br>

am just wondering if anyone else has had this problem. Yesterday I was out and about taking photos and the grid was showing up as usual, in the viewfinder.<em> </em>I woke up this morning to take sunrise over sea photos and it was v quickly apparent that the grid was no longer visible!<br>

I put live view on and the grid pattern changed fine from #1 to #2, when I made the adjustments in the menu.</p>

<p>Any ideas much appreciated! cheers</p>

<p>I have definitely not switched the grid off! lol - as I said, I checked it was working on live view by switching between #1 and #2 grid options.<br>

and I have also not been drinking....</p>

<p>ah well....</p>

<p> </p>

<p>The 7D is the first EOS DSLR I had to actually study the manual to figure how to use some of the features. The features on other models are simpler and more obvious. What helps me is to place my oft used features--grid, format, AF tweaks, etc.--in the favorite menu, saving me from a lot of menu surfing. If you can't remember how to set the most common features, the Quick Control Screen has most of them all in one place. I have my roll-your-own idiot modes--AI servo, high speed wind, AV mode F2.8, autoISO, etc.--saved on C1, C2 etc., so I don't have to monkey with menus when speed is of the essence. </p>

Sometimes the light’s all shining on me. Other times I can barely see.

- Robert Hunter

<p>There we go - thanks. Now that I see this again I realize I did figure it out once I bought the camera but because it isn't the simple 2x2 grid I turned it off. I'm not sure if I'll keep it on or not but good to know that it is an option!</p>