Holy Cow That's BLUE

<p>Help. I have a very blue image with a nice pose from before I knew LR or shot in RAW. They are coming back 6 months later and now interested in my faked, clueless studio shot. The kid has on a blue shirt and my only backdrop was blue. The whole thing is blue and every adjustment attempt with the lab...well the printed images simply glow. Luckily the proofs are el-cheapo.</p>

<p>I am dying for some LR help for what my best bet is to fix this as well as it can be fixed. >>>>></p>

<p>Thanks in advance.</p>

<p>Well...I need it to stop glowing...so I suppose a little bit exposure and a little bit white balance. I probably need to manage his face and backdrop differently but not a mask expert. I don't have permission to share it at will. I could temporarily post it on my blog. I guess then, I'm specifically asking about "blue" on skin? Seems fill light overexposes blue for instance. Oh what a pickle. I know I'm asking a lot. The lab saw how hard I've been trying and is willing to give it a shot.</p>

<p>without seing the problem.. its kind of hard.. but you talk about face and blue... in Lr you can try to use the brush and reduce the saturation.. but the face will still remain blue, just less present.</p>

<p>best bet for this is to go to Photoshop, use the hue saturation layer, move the slider from blue to yellow, use a mask and paint the problem away...</p>

<p>or you can send it to me (contact me via email) and im willing to see what i can do with it for free.. not a offer a do a lot but im feeling good tonight.. it can be done tomorow am.</p>

<p>WOW Patrick! His skin looks REAL and not blue. Thank you so much. This is a huge help for something that has been so frustrating for me. I am so grateful. I'm actually crying with relief. Thank you so very very much.</p>

<p>Going to get a tissue now....</p>

<p>Ha. I should point out that the image is just a regular old head shot and nothing to cry over in and of itself but because I had been trying to fix this problem and spending time and running back and forth to the pro lab only to have failure after failure, I cried from relief that it's finally going to be solved. I sent it to the lab overnight and I'll be able to pick it up today.</p>

<p>Mainly a white balance in general done with a curve in Photoshop, plus a hue saturation to tone down the cyan / blue of a shirt and tie that was glowing really strong. Another hue saturation to correct the red patch on the forehead, cheeks, a chin.. the rest was a quick facial to remove little pimple and make him a bit more *clean*</p>

<p>Not hard when you do this for a long time, but i understand it could have been challenging when you are not use to work with such as beast like Photoshop.</p>