Flash module for 10D and Sunpak ringlight?

boz

A while ago I won a Sunpak ringlight for my 10D but it had no module. I have looked on ebay but no joy, and have only been able to find a

totally manual one. As such I use other light sources such as LED lights and desk lamps, which makes for long exposures in macro!

Anyone know where I might find the correct module?

Cheers

Larry

Ah thats no good then, I need somewhere in England. Just reallt want to

know if one will work with the 10D- the flash unit is pre-digital and its list of

cameras are all film, including EOS 10.

Thanks Bob. Its so frustrating as I do a lot of macro work and have to rely on a household lamp and long exposures! I also have a Cobra 440AF hotshoe flash for my Canon film camera (EOS 300) but have been told it wont work on the 10D

• 2 years later...

<p>Was this ever resolved? If not, here's my tupence:</p>

<p>I've been using a SUNPAK Auto DX 8R ringlight on my Canon DSLRs (20D, 550D, 600D, and 6D) for some years. My SUNPAK came with a Canon module CA-2D (for film cameras). I've never had a user guide so I've had to experiment for the most part and mostly I've had to either set my exposures in "M" manual mode on the camera and Manual on the flash and adjust the ringlight output accordingly. Today, however, I discovered that setting the flash to Auto and the camera to A-Dep (automatic depth of field) works very differently than I expected and is almost automatic. Using an EF 50mm Macro lens and focusing from close (15 inches or so) to far (up to 15-20 ft) the exposure is on the money. I don't know how that works, but it seems to. At closer focus it over-exposes, so I compensate by adjusting the camera's over-under exposure setting.</p>

<p>Still, it's not what we want, which is of course fully automatic E-TTL, but even shooting in fully manual mode on both the flash and camera it's pretty easy to adjust your exposure settings on the fly, since these amazing digital cameras give you the equivalent of an instant polaroid to view.</p>

<p>Also: yesterday I began researching the possibility of finding a SUNPAK dedicated module that would give me TTL or at least a somewhat more automatic functionality with the SUNPAK and I found a CA-1AF (at KEH.com). I'm hoping it will do more than the current old module that is for pre-AF Canons. This module apparently also requires another attachment, a PA-1 AF Interface Module, that I believe holds a battery. I found it at KEH also and ordered it with the CA-1AF. I have not been able to find any further info about these so I will have to wait until I receive them to see how they work.</p>

<p>And finally, I have to say that the SUNPAK ringlight is great not only for macro, but for shooting small products/objects (like watches) where I detach the ringlight from the lens and set it or hold to one side to avoid the ring reflection, and also for portraiture. I have several other Canon flashes, including a 320EX and a 580EX but I this SUNPAK more than the others. It can also be used to trip other flashes set as slaves.</p>

<p>I will update this later after I receive the new module. There are, I believe, also Nikon and other camera brand modules for the SUNPAK flashes that use a module.</p><div>00bYal-532151584.jpg.c8e33f7f40c7420d158c64e47808b5d2.jpg</div>