Scanner for prints and documents only?

<p>I am doing some work for a small museum that has a collection of historical documents and photographic prints. Can someone recommend a flatbed scanner in the $100-200 range for this job? Since I have a K/M Dimage Scan MultiPro scanner, I don't need a flatbed scanner that scans slides or negatives. Any help or suggestions much appreciated!</p>

<p>Size matters alot! What is the max size you will be scanning? If A4( 8.5x11) then an Epson 700. If A3 (11x17) that is an interesting question I am currently exploring. A3 can be very expensive or very cheap. I just returned a cheap one to Amazon.com: a Mustek Scan Express A3 USB 1200 PRO which almost worked. Long story. I actually think UPS broke the unit by the condition of the packed box.</p>

<p>I second Alan Klein's post ... V600 suggested to me by longtime commercial photographer ... extraordinary machine for the money ... you will not be disappointed. Bed size 81/2x12 (I think), and I understand software exists to stitch together single scans to recreate a larger work. I've not tried that, but VERY HAPPY with everything I've run thru it.</p>