Any way to speed up RAW batch conversion?

<p>Came back from a basketball tournament shooting the crowd, four games and the crazy fans.<br>

Now have to do RAW to Jpeg conversions for sharpening, a bit of contrast tweak and exposure correction.<br>

Any way to speed this process up? With about 1400 photos it takes a lot of time.<br>

Did the quick edit for poor composition, out of focus and shots that weren't close enough or show faces and have the 1400 converting now. Would love to be able to speed it up a bit. Am using Breezebrowser pro do it which seems quicker than Canon Digital Photo Pro.<br>

Any info is appreciated.</p>

<p>I use Adobe Bridge and a custom action in Photoshop to process photos the way I like.</p>

<p>After that, it's all dependent on hardware. I'm happier now that I bought an AMD 6-core Phenom processor with 16 gig memory and an OCZ RevoDrive SSD that can do sustained writes of 550 mb/sec. :) Photoshop screams.</p>

<p>Eric</p>

<p>Assuming you're on a PC the problem you're experiencing comes from DPP's base priority that it sets for itself. DPP sets itself to bellow normal, meaning just about any other program that asks the CPU for time gets it over DPP. The best thing you can do is to limit what you do on the computer. I know people are going to read that and go nuts saying how horrible of a program it must be, but it's honestly not as bad as it sounds.</p>