Gear giveaway

tomscott

<p>It may not be much, I don't know but, I have an Olympus Pen EES 2, free to a good home. everything appears to work including meter, the only problem I see is the little lever on the rewind knob is missing. Contact me if interested, I will pay first $5.00 towards shipping.<br>

Thanks, Tom</p>

<p>I also have a camera to give away (probably to the home of a good tinkerer in things electronic) - Sea&Sea Motormarine 35. Everything functions on it except the rewind button. Email me, if interested. Unlike the generous Mr. Scott, I must request the interested party pays shipping. JR</p>

<p>Great thread! I would also give away a Canon A1 with motor drive , a matching Canon 50mm F1.8 prime and a zoom and speedlite flash, all in working condition to a good home of a pnet member just for the cost of transportation. Beware that I live in Switzerland so nearby living emailers are preferred. Also available are some older Tamron non SP adaptall2 zooms in working condition with matching Canon adapter and a Pentax Spotmatic body without lens for the cost of transportation.</p>

<p>I have Zenit ET and Kalimar SR100 35mm film SLRs that I'm ready to give away. Both are Soviet cameras.</p>

<p>The Kalimar is a relabeled Zenit B (manual camera, M42 mount, no meter). Chrome.</p>

<p>The ET is similar, but black, with a selenium-cell meter built in. I think this one is the later version made by Belomo (as opposed to the earlier KMZ version), because the top and bottom plates appear to be plastic.</p>

<p>I have not actually put film into either of these, but on initial inspection they appear to be functional and cosmetically very good. The shutters work, and the ET's meter reacts to changes in light (though I have not compared it to any other meter for accuracy).</p>

<p>Neither camera comes with a lens, because I bought them for the Helios 44 series lenses that came with them. I'm keeping the lenses, but I have no interest in the cameras.</p>

<p>I'll pay shipping, but only CONUS via US Mail. Email if interested. I'll favor CMC regulars.</p>

I got two inquiries so far and so the Canon A1 + lenses + flash will travel to Brazil and the Spotmatic with 2 M42 lenses to a yet unknown place as soon as I can settle the details.

May I ask the receivers to post some photos with the given equipment in the classic or modern camera forum later under the title "give away? That would be interesting for the other pnet members I think and motivate me to give away some more working Pentax bodies, various Tamron zooms and M42 lenses and Metz/Olympus flashes and more accessories if I don't get moderated since this is a new field here.

So please note that the Canon and Spotmatic found a new home today.

<blockquote>

<p>I live in the nethermost reaches of the planet</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Where is that?</p>

<p>I like these threads. I have given away quite a few things and received some too. Only yesterday I posted a Mamiya C33 mirror to someone who tracked me down via an old thread. Often it's not worth trying to make any money out of old gear we don't want any more - especially when the value isn't much more than the shipping cost.<br>

I might have a few things to get rid of - watch this space.</p>

<p>Rick, where would that be, the "nethermost reaches of the planet" and what film SLR system would you like to get parts for transportation costs?<br /> Steve, I just sent Josh an email asking how and where we could introduce a "give away camera equipment for transportation cost" action here from times to times for pnet members. I would love to make it a condition that the gift receivers post photos and maybe a little story in the according film camera forum later.</p>

<p> </p>

<blockquote>

<p>I live in the nethermost reaches of the planet</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Way down in New Zealand, <strong>Markus</strong> and <strong>Steve</strong>, about as far from Switzerland as one can get. I'm familiar with the cost of postage from Europe, and it makes only small, hard-to-get items or high-value items practical. For instance; if someone has the self-timer lever assembly from a Fujica STX-1, I'd love to hear...</p>