nikon d1x compact flash

aaron_larocco

<p>I have a nikon d1x that has a 20mb compact flash. I just bought a new sandisk ultra compast flash that is 30mb and when i put the new one it the card display kept flashing. will it not work with my d1x? Do the mb's effect wether it works or not? can anyone help me out ?<br /> Thank you</p>

<p>I think he was referring to the data transfer rates...20mb/sec, Type 1, Type II etc. According to the manual, it could use cards as small as 8mb...seems unreal now (I've got 32gb cards in my D7000, and they're not the biggest capacity available by any means).</p>

<p>The short answer to upgrades being available for that particular camera: no. Even if you could, it would be cost-prohibitive versus buying a later model. Sorry to give you the news, but it is what it is. Compatible cards are listed in the camera's manual. If you don't have one, you can download it at Nikon's website for free here: http://support.nikonusa.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/13948 </p>

• 2 weeks later...
<p>In reagrd to size, if it is a size issue, the Fuji S2 pro can only take cards up to 2Gb, IF however you take a 4Gb card and format it as FAT under windows the camera works like a charm, it might be a way to sort out your problem if it is size related. Good luck :)</p>