All Large Format Meet-Up for 2011

<p>Wondering if anyone knows of any near NYC. I've been looking online for info, but haven't found any. I've been obsessively browsing ebay for a long time now for 4x5 field cameras ever since reading Ansel Adam's Camera and Negative books. I love my dSLR, but want to take my craft to the next level... to large format film! Sounds challenging and rewarding... hoping to find a community of other large format photographers, b/c to be honest, seems a bit daunting to just plunge in solo..</p>

<p>In the past, LF meetups have been organized by Large Format Magazine. They have generally taken place in the West - partly because there are more LF photographers in the West, and partly because LF Magazine is headquartered in Sante Fe. There was one year in Kentucky, and in 2005 it was in Springfield, MA. I've never heard of any sessions in the NY area.</p>

<p>I haven't heard of any plans for 2011.</p>

<p>Of course you could just head one up yourself any time you want. Probably get more response if you include the 5d/pano stitch crowd :) I think it'd be fun to have one but don't make it too formal, for instance have it centered at a state park campground, which requires some planning ahead now for reservations.</p>

<p>Like myself, most LF photographers I see are working solo, and I don't usually bother other than to say hello if I'm passing nearby. I've probably seen 5 other LF photographers outside here on the left coast (wa and oregon) in the last 5 years, and all were alone.</p>

<p>A person with the means could start in Albuquerque, NM, with the Hot Air Balloon Fiesta, 1st-9th of OCT. Then travel the southwest area of USA for a week, catching Monument Valley with full moons on the 11th & 12th, (cooler daytime temps), finishing with the LF format shindig in Tucson, AZ, on 17-18-19 (?), OCT.</p>