Sound blimp issue

charlotte_katz

<p>I recently bought a sound blimp for my Canon 5D MII and a lens tube for the 24-105 f4<br>

Jacobson being the only one in America (he is in LA) and me being on NY, he shipped the whole thing, without me being able to look at anything.<br>

Over the phone he told me the lens tube for the 24-105 is a bit 'tricky' but was good. When I received my package the lens tube is actually a 2 part thing and I can't zoom. Also because it is in 2 parts it seems to make a bit more noise than if it was a one part lens tube. I need to use it tomorrow on set and I am a bit worried, it is kind of useless if it is noisy and that i cant zoom..<br>

Does anybody own this lens tube? any same comments or I am the only one? Is there anything to do to make it better?<br>

Thanks for any advices/comments</p>

<p>Charlotte</p>

<p>Not much help from me but I have had an impression that Jacobson doesn't have a dedicated tube for the 24-105. If the do, and if what they sent you fits the 24-105, zooming should be possible (it is never really fluid with the blimp...) by simply rotating the lens tube after latching it proprly to the blimp, provided that the lens tube properly "sticks" to the zooming ring of the lens.<br>

FWIW: I have used the 24-70 and 70-200 tubes without any issues with noise, zooming, etc. (the camera is never 100% silent BTW.)</p>

<p>Thank you Michael.<br>

I generally use the 70-200 as well and never had any issue. I know it is not supposed to be 100% silent, but this one sounds a bit too loud to be able to take pics during a take..<br>

I guess I'll have to do with it, but it is a pricy object..<br>

Thanks for your help!</p>