Issue with film counter on yashica 635

paulo_arellano

<p>Hello everyone, i just purchased a yashica 635 which seemes to be in great condition physically but today while loading 120 film, I closed the back lid after aligning the arrows on the camera to the arrows on the film and the counter never turned to S or 1, it stays on what looks like a zero with a dot on the middle. I purchased the camera from its original owner through ebay and he gave me the manuals and 35mm kit but this is killing me becuase i dont know when to advance for my next shots. </p>

<p>That indicates that the counter has not reset. When you open the back there should be a long metal pin protruding from the body in the upper right-hand side that is depressed by the back when it is closed; it has enough spring pressure behind it normally to force the back open when it is unlatched. If this pin sticks, the counter will not reset when the back is opened and the advance knob will not stop at each frame. Another thing; lose that strap before it breaks and your 635 ends up on the floor. It appears to be the original strap, and is probably 50 years old and completely untrustworthy.</p>

<p>the pin springs out when i open the back and springs down when i close it, but nothing happens to the counter. I e-mailed the original owner and he said he mostly used the camera for 35mm photography but hasnt used it since the 80s, maybe it needs some cleaning inside... how can i get this thing opened?</p>