Rapid, Persistent Beeping in the RZ

jbcrane_gallery

<p>Good Evening Gentlemen,<br>

Twice now in the past 2 weeks I've experienced the following:<br>

After successfully using the camera, turning it off and walking away from it for a while, I've returned a number of hours later to find it in the bag, rapidly and persistently beeping, lights in the viewfinder flashing. I've removed the battery, then reinserted the same battery to reproduce the beeping.</p>

<p>I've attempted to stop the beeping by: 1) removing the FE701 finder, the 120 back and the lens, leaving just the body sitting on the table beeping. I've tried working with the shutter release button and cocking lever to no avail.</p>

<p>Upon inserting a new battery the beeping stops. Both batteries have been in my bag for quite a while, so I suppose if this behavior is caused by a depleted battery there's a slim chance both batteries could have been low... but now I have a "new" battery (fresh from Target, today) in and if it happens again I'll surmise electronic issues and send him in.</p>

<p>Once I am able to stop it from beeping (by inserting a new battery), after it settles down and I slip in the "old" battery again there's no beeping. Like it was caught in some sort of loop...</p>

<p>I've been unable to think of anything else that might be causing my friend to beep. Anyone have any thoughts? </p>

<p>Thanks in advance.<br>

John B. Crane</p>

<p>Good Morning Marc,<br>

Um, good question... ;-). Bought used 2+ years ago and who knows before that. So I was pretty much thinking the same thing. I'm preparing to take him to Haiti and was going to wait until after, but in light of recent events I think now's the time. I just sent the 140 in for successful repair - something about replacing an internal magnet and a broken spring on the DOF preview lever - so they know me now.<br>

Thanks for your reply.<br>

John B. Crane</p>

<p>Hi John, which RZ do you have? How do you turn it on and off? Although I have an older pro model and not the newer pro 2 or even d model I didn't know they could be turned off. I've rented pro 2 bodies before and used my owns lenses and never noticed any switches or buttons.</p>

<p>Thanks</p>