These lights to use with medium format camera?

boris_miljevic

<p>Hello,<br>

I need a little help...<br>

I have found these video lights at local store<br>

http://www.fotodiskont.rs/kategorija/studijska-220v-4x1000w-kit-89/strana-1.html<br>

...so i need your opinion...are those useful with medium format camera - Mamiya 645 AFD (i use 120 roll films).<br>

So my main question is...will i get great outdoor and studio shots using these 4x1000W lights, or should i stick with my 3x600Ws flashes?<br>

Thanks.</p>

<p>Outside model shots for models book, most of the time, maybe some night portraits and fashion shots.<br>

Main reason of buying these is that i shot on film, and i dont have nervs to gamble with chinesse flashes that i got...and then i got a lot on my mind....will pic be ok after triggerin flashes, will strobes be correctly set for every shot on different type of film roll,...<br>

I just want to know can these lights work with ISO 160 or 400 films that i am using with Mamiya, and will i get great shots during the day and evening...<br>

I have never used such type of halogen lights before, so i dont know what i am facing...</p>

<p>You are facing the need for grid power, for regularly replaced halogen lamps, for expensive fireproof light modifiers, for models that will be squinting into those bright lights with very contracted pupils (and possibly sweating, too), and for gloves so that you can handle the lights.<br /><br />You're much better off just getting a good flash meter (which of course will also work with ambient light). A Sekonic L358 would be a great investment for you.</p>

<p>Agree 100% with Matt. I mentioned some of the same things in a reply to another of your threads, but forgot the squinting models and contracted pupils, and the hot gloves. ;)<br>

http://www.photo.net/medium-format-photography-forum/00YClL<br>

And in addition to the good flash meter, learn to use the good DSLR you already have (Nikon D700) as a "proofing" tool for testing your lighting setups. And, if you can't trust your lights, get some good lights. Lights that you can trust aren't really that expensive.</p>