<p>Dear all,<br>

I have the following set up is:<br>

Monitor Samsung SyncMaster 920 N<br />Spyder 3Express colorimeter<br />Nvidia 5600<br />Canon 40D<br>

and I print my photos on Kodak Endura paper, Noritsu photo lab.<br>

The pictures looks OK on the paper, which means that there are no big differences between my monitor and paper, BUT...they are not 100% as they are on my monitor. I know that differences are normal, due to backlight of the monitor. <br />My question is: how should I look at the print (I want to see if the colors, brightness, contrast are the ones that I've sent to the lab):<br />1. Having a light source behind of the print - which I find it as the correct tehnique<br />2. Having the light source in front of the print<br>

Thank you,<br>

PS: I'm a begginer, so please give more details in order to understand :)<br />PSS: I have the color profile of the photo lab and I use it in PS to check the print, but even so I have differences between the actual print and PS proof.</p>

<p>Read this:http://www.luminous-landscape.com/tutorials/why_are_my_prints_too_dark.shtml<br>

Despite the title and whether your prints are not too dark, the piece explains what’s necessary to produce a print to screen match.</p>

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management" (pluralsight.com)

<p>A couple of things:</p>

<ul>

<li>The lab's profile may be suspect. Really the best way about it is to close the entire color management loop yourself, all the way out to print and on your own inkjet. The ColorMunki will profile both monitor and printer. Price-wise, it's at least approachable for the hobbyist. A (initially) cheaper alternative is to use your printer manufacturer's ink and paper.</li>

<li>View the print under real daylight. When that's not practical, use an Ott Lite or similar.</li>

</ul>