Dead Horse Point, morning or evening

stemked

<p>Just a quick question for those who have been out to the park and photographed there. Is it better to photograph this landscape in the morning or evening? I will set up my travel plans this spring appropiately.</p>

<p>Many thanks.</p>

<p>Doug</p>

<p>If one goes in the morning, how long and how treacherous is the hike in the dark to the point ?(ok, I get the fact that it will be just as long in the dark as the light, but you get my drift) I would likely be bringing a 67 medium format setup along with a 35mm dSLR system so that info is going to be very useful.</p>

<p>Thanks Dieter, Paul, and I don't know how to interpret your answer Peter, but thanks too.</p>

<p>Doug</p>

<p>Its a while since I went there nut as I recall its a created viewpoint down a few steps from a car park. I've always been in the morning and indeed its important to get there good and early because once there's harsh shadows on the scene its gone IMO. I don't think you could photograph the classic view in the afternoon as if i recall correctly (its 10 years ago) there are some salt pans to the left which don't look like they photograph really well. </p>

<p>Definitely morning. As mentioned, there is no "hike". But if coming from a Moab motel be prepared for about a 45 minute drive in the dark. <br />Having said that, I'd love to try it in the evening sweet light sometime. Of the 3 times I've shot it, was just never able to get back for the evening shot -- too much to see there! I can see that evening shots could be interesting too, but if you just have to pick one, it's morning.<br />David in Phoenix</p><div>00YE5Q-332833584.thumb.jpg.9c2250bde4ddc361c5bed901e2ad64fe.jpg</div>