Nikon D700 corrupting CF cards?

kerry_murray1

<p>Damaging memory cards in a device is real and it happens.<br />Though I never had problem with Nikons (D70,D200,D300S,D700), but Sony camcorder damaged SD cards when long video recording ran to the very end. The damage done by Sony HD camcorder was beyond repair. I was not able to format or repair the card.</p>

<p>I am trying not to use memory card readers. All my cards are now 32 GB and are never removed from cameras, camcorders. USB cable is your best trusted friend, as specified in your camera manual. Stop messing up with card readers, computer writing to cards outside the camera, as that could lead to problems.</p>

<p>I also have a D700 & I use an 8Gb Delkin Cf card (UDMA 6).<br>

* Firstly, I learnt to make sure that my USB connection to my MAC is made direct to the computer - do not go via a hub, keyboard usb etc.<br>

* Regardless of this, I find it is next to impossible to d'load my images when using my D700 as a 'CF reader' because my mac does not see the camera, interestingly, I have no problem tethering the 2!!<br>

* When attempting to d'load from my reader, my mac will occasionally act like nothing is being attached: unplugging my usb cable form the card reader & plugging back in always solves this issue.<br>

Your case seems to be more serious & I would suggest taking your camera in to Nikon for evaluation.</p>