How to change the lens on a Hasselblad 503CX without it locking

eman_a

<p>Hi all,<br>

I've got a hasselblad with a 2.8/80 Planar lens on which I would like to remove and replace with a 180mm. <br>

I was told that before I remove the lens i should cock the shutter by advancing the shutter dial and then releasing it, and to double check that i have done it correctly i should look through the view finder and if i can see an image then its ok to change it thereby avoiding the locking problem.<br>

can someone please confirm that this indeed is the necessary steps i need to take before changing lenses.</p>

<p>thanx in advance!</p>

<p>Yes. Super easy, just wind the camera so that it's cocked, then you can depress the lens release button, twist off the 80, mount the 180 and twist it on into place. Just familiarize yourself with the orientation of how they line up and twist on and off. You can only switch lenses while the camera is cocked anyway, otherwise it doesn't let you do anything.</p>

<p>Yes, the lens and body must be cocked to mount or dismount a lens. If they are not cocked, the lens won't come loose. If one is cocked and the other is not you can't mount the lens to the body.</p>

<p>As long as you can see an image in the viewfinder with the lens mounted you're OK.</p>

<p>You'll find a red index mark on the top of the lens flange, at the rear. That goes straight up to mount the lens, then you twist it into position.</p>

<p>Just keep your fingers away from the shutter release button when changing lenses.</p>

<p>- Leigh</p>

<p>thanx all.<br>

ok so i advance the dial, click on the shutter release button, make sure there is an image in the view finder, twist the lens off and replace it with the other making sure i dont press the shutter release button again. does that summarize it?</p>

<p>thanx all.<br>

ok so i advance the dial, click on the shutter release button, make sure there is an image in the view finder, twist the lens off and replace it with the other making sure i dont press the shutter release button again. does that summarize it?</p>

<p>This is a really simple process. Try it a couple of times and you'll be comfortable with it.</p>

<p>Hold the camera body in the palm of your left hand and depress the lens release button with the left index finger. Grasp the lens with your right hand and turn it. It only goes one way.</p>

<p>- Leigh</p>