Kodak Vollenda 620

<p>A chance encounter at the NJ Naval Museum in Hackensack led me to witness the dismantling of the Court St. bridge this past Monday. I was invited on deck of the USS Ling submarine and fired off a few shots with various classic cameras and lenses, including the ones below with a 1934 Kodak Vollenda 620.<br>

It was mid-day and the lighting was tough, to say the least. I guarded the 10.5cm f/4.5 Kodak Anastigmat from flare with my hand as best as I could while the sun blazed right behind the top of the huge crane that lifted the steel structure. Exposure was f/11 @ 1/250 on Fuji Acros 100.<br>

Here's the Nagel Kodak :</p><div>00Y9EU-328043584.jpg.21837bc11d2c8b75c30aa19196fcb1c5.jpg</div>

<p>Yes, the strong backlighting could've been compensated for... and at least I had the D200 and even an Argus 75 as "back-ups". <br>

The 105/4.5 is front cell focusing with distance markers in meters, not feet. It came to me in poor condition with very cloudy haze on all surfaces. it cleaned right up and the Compur shutter (1- 1/250) was exercised back into shape.</p><div>00Y9Ee-328047584.jpg.c1667e229a0c04b8e84ededde28cae5d.jpg</div>

<p>Thanks , Gene. I can't wait to see what's on the handful of Verichrome I "inherited". Found film yields pleasurable anticipation of the unknown as well as bonus 620 spools for reloading.<br />Meanwhile, I'm getting the hang of respooling with the aid of an Adapt-a-Roll back . Doesn't seem to be a problem with the tape and inherent bumps..... sure beats fumbling in the dark. Plus, no more clipping plastic spools and jamming them into the Vollenda and others. <br />Here's one of the better-exposed frames from the roll of Across 100 in the Vollenda.</p><div>00Y9G1-328079584.jpg.6e18780edf5da856dff4c8989c60baeb.jpg</div>

<p>The portrait of the guitar player is amazing - loved all the photos, but that one just stands out, I have to admit the subject shines to the point that its hard to be totally objective of the "image", but I think even if I could wipe the smile of my face and get past the incredible charm of the scene, I would still think it was an amazing photo. Wonderful post, too. Thank you.</p>

<p>Very nice shots!</p>

<p>My Nagel Vollenda 16 on 127 suffers from terrible flare so I have not used it much. The Vollenda name comes from the Nagel factory in Stuttgart, Germany, which was ought by Kodak in 1931. My Nagel Vollenda has some obvious family likenesses to the later 35mm Retina I. This was designed and made by the Stuttgart factory starting in 1934.</p>

<p>Very Fine.. tough lighting on the bridge but the color portrait was very nice. I too like the guitar play but the Concrete plant is so serene. Excellent! Did oyu inherit some Verichrome? Exposed? Or do you get to expose it?!? I also don'T know this model.<br>

I tried to fix my Dads Six-Twenty with Dakor shutter. It is in pieces, the bellows are also shot. My thought was I could make a pinhole camera.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>This Vollenda is a decent performer. I'm still testing it out, trying to decide if it stays in the collection for any length of time. I already have more than enough working folders at my disposal ( Bessas, Isolette, Franka Rolfix, Ikonta, and Agfa Ventura...) . The viewfinder onb the Vollenda has much to be desired and street candids are out of the question for several reasons : 1) viewfinder inaccuracies 2) puny front focus ring on lens won't accept my normal Series XX hoods and adapters 3) it's 620 which means I'll need to have at least 7 or eight rolls respooled if I go into NY<br>

Chuck, I wish I had some unexposed Verichrome. I was surprised to find a lot of exposed film in a recent eBay acquisition. Just what the Dr. ordered for another winter day indoors.<br>

Pasi, I'll run another roll of B&W through this "Kodak" then give it another spin with some Ektar. Hope to see your shots soon.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Hi, Gabor Some very nicely presented photos there, my friend - well done! Coincidentally, I've just won a Kodak Vollenda 620 myself on Fleabay Oz, complete with original IB in English plus leather case.<br>

The seller's description and photos weren't exactly the best I've ever seen, so I'll have to wait until it arrives to find out just what lens and shutter it has. According to Coe, there's quite a selection of possibilities.</p>

<p>PETE IN A BUSHFIRE RAVAGED PERTH</p>