Kodak serial numbers

<p>Unfortunately, Kodak serial numbers (other than the lens ones using the CAMEROSITY date code scheme) are pretty impossible to crack. They aren't a unique number space, each model of camera has it's own set of serial numbers. There are some cameras (like the 3A folders) where they really make 500,000+ of one basic model.<br>

The best resource available is Coe's book.</p>

<p>Pasi, you listed earlier that you wanted to know if your Vollenda was post or pre-war. As far as I know, production of the Vollenda ceased at end of 1939. <br>

I haven't finished off my roll in the Vollenda yet, but tried to capture the dismantling of the Court St. bridge from the deck of the USS Ling submarine in Hackensack, NJ. I brought along a Tourist and a pair of Argus 75's, too. </p>

Well I'll be waiting for those photos! I still have to wait a while to find out what my own toy is capable of. I'm sort of

scared for the consequences of having a usable MF film camera...

As to age of the camera, I was led astray by the surprisingly modern look of the front end, quite different from most

I've seen so far. It's a Gauthier, not sure which, maybe a vario. Unfortunatedly the modest f7,7 lens is not date coded.

Pasi