My Daughter ask me to take her lots of Photos & she is only 5 can anyone help me

leudis_torres

<p>Yesterday night my Daughter ask me if i can take lots of photo of her, she is only 5 year old going on 40 and i will like to know if someone can describe me the right equitment to take nice shoots on the house as a right now i got the following i will more extra if i need it just dont know what elso to get i will like to take nice portrais and full body shoots of her</p>

<p>This is what i got right now please let me know how to set it up and if i have to by anything elso to take nice shoots inside the house thank you... & Excuse my Poor English writting skills<br>

Nikon D80 & also The Nikon D3000<br />With the Following Lents<br />Nikon 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6G<br />Nikon 18-105mm 1:3.5-5.6G<br />Nikon 55-200mm 1.4-5.5.6G<br />Nikon AF 50mm 1:1.4 D<br>

I will buy extras equitment if i need it to ensure that i will have nice set up to take Shoots like an a studio.** but please not to expensive**</p>

<p>I mostly to macros and landscapes, so I am not a pro with people shots, but I do a fair amount of that. My suggestion for a simple setup for good candid shots of kids is an E-TTL flash (or whatever that is called in Nikon-speak) that will bounce (the head has to rotate and tilt), a diffuser (like a stofen), and a bounce card like a Demb Flip-It (google it). This is a lot less flexible than the fancier lighting that pros use in studios, but it is enough for several things:<br>

--you will get nice, diffused light by bouncing the flash off the ceiling.<br>

--the bounce card will direct a little light forward, to give you "catch light" in the eyes<br>

--you will be able to stop movement and shoot at a comfortable aperture.</p>

<p>With this set-up, I usually start with ISO 400, f/4.5, 1/60. That gives enough depth of field that you won't have parts of the face out of focus if you miss perfect focus.</p>

<p>You'll have to play around to see the effects of different bounce angles, etc.</p>

<p>I bought my three year old granddaughter a camera as a gift. Just for her! She loves it!</p>

<p>The one I bought says "Crayola."</p>

<p>I thought at her age her hands can grip either or both handles to work it.</p>

<p>The next time your daughter asks you to take a bunch of photos ask, her, "will you help me?" Watch her eyes blossom and glow with a sense of accomplishment viewing her photos on the LCD screen.</p>

<p>Have fun! They grow up real quick.</p>

<p>Check the cameras out here:</p>

<p>http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?Ntt=camera+for+children&N=0&InitialSearch=yes</p>

<p>I take lots of photos of my daughter. I will buy her a camera when she's older. I do however fear that because she's exposed to cameras and pictures a lot she'll get sick and tired of this and will not want to have anything to do with photography (I hope not though).<br>

I'd use your D80 with 50 f1.4 for some natural light portraits and step back a bit to take some 3/4 and full body shots. Go outside if it's not too cold and even then have her bundle up and take some amazing shots. She'll only be 5 once.<br>

Lastly post those shots here when your done.</p>

<p>First, Welcom to PHOTO.NET. Do not worry, your English is as good as most people around here. :o)</p>

<p>Your Equipment set up is just fine. Someone mentioned a flash, however I would not point you that way until you have gotten to the point that you understand some basics.</p>

<p>Right now you just need to learn a bit on how to use your camera. Also learn more about lighting and what makes "good" lighting in portraits.</p>

<p>You said, you wanted them to look like studio photos. Studios are all about light. They are made to control light in every way. So you see, light is your most important element. THere is no way to give you all there is to know about light in a post here. However there is much to read and learn on the internet. Also a lot of books to read also. </p>

<p>I would suggest you read what you can here and other web sites. Think about buying a few books as well. Remember, Learn to understand light and how it affects your photos. Also, learn what makes for "good" portrait lighting for your daughter. In the mean time, practice practice practice. When there is something that you do not like about you photos, try to fine out what it is(post it here) and learn how to make it better. </p>

<p>It is all a learning process that will not happen over night.</p>

<p>Good luck and God Bless</p>

<p>Jason</p>

<p>dont waste your money, you have what you need!<br>

if you really feel like getting "studio" shots buy a flash, the sb-600 is great and under 300$. (this is one of the only times you will ever see a devout canon user compliment a nikon product which says a lot) once you have the flash buy a simple diffuser or umbrella and a wireless flash trigger, i recommend the pocket wizard but there are cheaper systems. take your D80 and your 50mm and get out and shoot. </p>