Virus warning

RickW

<p>According to McAfee, Blackhole is a low-risk trojan that's been around since 2004. Heee's their info:</p>

<p>This is a trojan detection. Unlike viruses, trojans do not self-replicate. They are spread manually, often under the premise that they are beneficial or wanted. The most common installation methods involve system or security exploitation, and unsuspecting users manually executing unknown programs. Distribution channels include email, malicious or hacked web pages, Internet Relay Chat (IRC), peer-to-peer networks, etc.</p>

<p>Just for info...</p>

<blockquote>Do the site managers know about this?

<p><a name="pagebottom"></a></p>

</blockquote>

<p>Given that I am the one who runs photos.net, I would say yes.</p>

<p>We are working on it as quickly as we can. The more information we can gather, the faster we can track it down.</p>

<p>To anyone who sees the warning, do you see the warning again if you return to or reload whatever page you saw it on?</p>

<p>We can't find any trace of anything malicious on our servers and are trying to track down if one of the adservers has been compromised.</p>

<p>I only get it when clicking the first time, reloading seems to avoid it. It seems you're on the right path with the ad servers since they change and the Photo.net pages don't. What you need is a global disable routine which replaces all the ads with blank spaces (gifs/jpgs) to preserve page format and presentation. This way you can set a yes/no value or semaphore to able or disable all the ads to test if any problem is Photo.net or elsewhere. Just a thought.</p>

<p>No spotify account here. I did not get the notification when coming back to photo net. It retrospect, I may have received the Norton alert when accessing the Unified forum page, but I had not traveled farther then that. </p>

<p>thanks Josh. </p>

<p>Some weird things were happening earlier. I was getting strange "unable to open PDF" warnings followed by a browser (Safari) crash when navigating to my community member page. Everything seems to be back to normal now. No Spotify here.</p>

<p>3/27/2011 12:27:37 PM HTTP filter file <a href="http://lockba.com/adserver/display.cfm/731/1534/45613/j/cd/?pbnt=515a4dgᆴt=481643&imprx=18211123187">http://lockba.com/adserver/display.cfm/731/1534/45613/j/cd/?pbnt=515a4dgᆴt=481643&imprx=18211123187</a> JS/Kryptik.X trojan connection terminated - quarantined. Threat was detected upon access to web by the application: C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe.</p>

<p>The above is what my Eset av produced several times that day when I visited the site, from home and at the office. This is from the log file; I should have grabbed a screenshot, sorry.</p>

<blockquote>

<p>It would be interesting to know what the suspected problem was.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>We think it was a bad ad as all of our servers came up clean. I doubt that it was done maliciously, this sort of thing happens because of bad programming. But you never know. So we want to track it down as far as we can.</p>

<p>I also got the Safri crash number of times when opening photnet, I re open again and it do it successfully but I am of nu understanding of virus, I use the mac 27 inches all in one computer, when the crash takes place, the system ask, reopen and then report of ignore, I do not get this when I open any other site.</p>