Photoshop not sending to printer, creating PDF instead.

<p>About a month ago I got a new MacBook and noticed that sometimes I could print directly to my Canon Pixma Pro 9000 MkII, and sometimes it would just create a PDF preview. I had never run into this on my Imac that I've had for about a year.</p>

<p>Restarting photoshop after the printer was connected and online seemed to work to correct the problem at the time.</p>

<p>However, tonight I made a print, changed an ink cartridge, and went to make another print with my Imac (which I've never had this happen with), and now I'm getting the PDF preview. I've tried restarting photoshop, the printer, the computer, all to no avail.</p>

<p>I can print to the printer through my word processor, and I'm sure I could print the PDF, but I'd rather send the real image. I have done all sorts of web searches to no avail, am I the only one to have had this problem, or am I simply missing something really simple?</p>

<p>Thanks for your help!</p>

<p>This CS5? Be careful when using the newer Print Setup, its sticky. If you select Print to PDF or Preivew, then hit Save, that’s what it defaults to. Simply going back into "Print Settings" and changing anything and then clicking save without clicking "Preview" will do the job, as will switching to another printer and then switching back (though you'll have to go into "Print Settings" again anyhow, so it's no real savings there).</p>

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management" (pluralsight.com)

<p>It is CS5, FWIW I have never intentionally printed anything to a PDF, I have the Canon selected in photoshop and as the default printer on the computer. I have also never used the Export command.</p>

<p>Strange that I've had this setup for almost a year, my workflow and color management have remained the same and this issue is just popping up.</p>