The Canon EOS 500D a good choice?

pontus_wallst_n

<p>Hello Everyone,<br>

I have a friend who is considering buying a Canon EOS 500D. I have mainly used Nikon, sigma and Minolta so far, so i thought i would ask all of you here if anyone had any comments on this camera, positive and negative aspects of it..etc and if you consider it a good choice.</p>

<p>Just as me, she does alot of journalistic work, (events, portraits, indoor shootings..etc)</p>

<p>i have had a look at information about this camera, and it seems fairly robust and has some interesting functions, but thats all i can say so far, as i have not used this camera myself before.</p>

<p>Pontus Wallstén</p>

<blockquote>

<p>"Just as me, she does alot of journalistic work, (events, portraits, indoor shootings..etc)"</p>

</blockquote>

<p>The 500D will do these jobs.</p>

<blockquote>

<p>"anyone had any comments on this camera, positive and negative aspects of it..etc and if you consider it a good choice."</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Your friend should hold <em><strong>and USE </strong></em>an XXD / XD APS-C series camera (eg 50D or 7D) and contrast and compare the FUNCTIONALITY of the two different series cameras.<br>

Which series / functionality is preferred, will be a personal preference but is integral to her decision – and this functionality factor is often overlooked or buried in the Techno-Babble and Specifications Debate.</p>

<p>WW</p>

<p>Keep in mind that on entry-level cameras corners were cut to make them as cheap as possible. For example, things the Rebels are in inferior in is AF performance and ergonomics (no thumbwheel, less immediately accessible buttons), so if your friend is into fast-paced journalistic work, I would strongly recommend a "better" camera.</p>