Hawaii Wedding - locations and other suggestions please

scottyt

<p>HI All, a very good friend of mine has recently proposed. The happy couple are hoping to get married in Hawaii, late May next year. She is from the US and we are in Australia, so that was the closest to half way they could work out for the wedding.</p>

<p>They are looking for a low key wedding on the beach followed by some type of reception either on or very close to the beach. Nothing formal for the reception.</p>

<p>Does anyone know any good locations? Beaches and/or venue's would be handy. Even the island is open at this stage, but they do want somewhere with a selection of accommodation options nearby.</p>

<p>I know that they don't want it to get too expensive or formal, but perhaps a wedding planner would still be needed to organise the finer details.</p>

<p>Anyway... any tips, websites or advice etc. that you can provide would be greatly appreciated.</p>

<p>They will need a photographer as I can't do it. I liked the look of Mark Holladay Lee who is from Hawaii, but that is still open too.</p>

<p>I also suggested to them that they opt for a midweek ceremony, as everyone will be travelling to be there anyway, having it on a weekend is probably no benefit. I know that would make things a lot cheaper where I live, would that also be the case in Hawaii?</p>

<p>Thanks for your time.</p>

<p>Scott.</p>

<p>A friend who got married on Maui sent me this:<br>

We used a wedding planner, her name was Judy Angel. She's probably still on the web and would have some great location ideas, plus be able to provide as low key a wedding as requested. I just tried to locate the web site, I believe it is <a href="http://weddingshawaiianstyle.com/" target="_blank">weddingshawaiianstyle.com</a> </p>

<p>Hi Scott, I am a wedding photographer in Hawaii. There are so many beautiful locations here in the islands to choose from and so many different venue options depending on personal preference and budget. From simple feet in the sand weddings, to fancy hotel packages, to ocean chapels, to private estates (many that are very reasonable) there is a long list of possibilities. I would be happy to give your friends all sorts of great advice if they would like to contact me with more details of their vision. I can also connect them with a network of other fantastic Hawaii wedding pros.<br>

As for midweek, if they are comfortable with it, it does open the possibility of some good savings. I know that quite a few venues and vendors are willing to negotiate lower rates for midweek weddings.<br>

<a href="http://www.idobelieve.net">-Michelle Scotti, I Do Believe Photography</a></p>

<p>Thanks for your responses, everyone.</p>

<p>Parv... great suggestion. Thanks.</p>

<p>Theresa... thanks for the contact.</p>

<p>Michelle... thanks for your input. Great work on your site. Love your food shots.</p>

<p>Dave... Oahu is the plan. Starting to look at the North Shore now.</p>

<p>They are now thinking about hiring a beach house on the North Shore and using that as a base, perhaps even have an informal reception there.</p>

<p>Thanks.</p>

<p>Scott.</p>

<p> </p>