First MF shots with Minolta Autocord

<p>Kayam -</p>

<p>Welcome to MF, and the Autocord is indeed quite capable of producing excellent images. You handled it very well, the shots are super. I've owned nine Rollei's over the years, with pretty much all of the lens choices available I think, from the Planars, Xenotars, Xenars and Tessars. Never owned an Autocord, but used a friends a few times in a trade, I think it had either a Rokkonon or Rokkor taking lens, (hope I spelled them correctly.) For the most part I felt the Autocord was essentially the equal to the Rollei's, very sharp and clear, especially contrasty.</p>

<p>Your shot of the Stock Exchange demonstrates that very clearly I'd say, the details of the figures are positively dimensional to my eyes, and on my monitor. The ONLY less than favorable thing I've heard about Autocords is an advance lever part being a bit weak, a pot metal piece sometimes prone to fail. I've also heard that it's a relatively easy fix in the hands of a qualified technician, then it's good for the long haul.</p>

<p>If I wasn't this far along in age I'd like to have a good Autocord user, but I've downsized the collection and will do without. Thanks for posting the fine examples, I wish you the best in your efforts while getting familiar with your camera.</p>

<p>Patrick </p>