Sinar F1 Back Plate problem

paul_corcoran

<p>Hi all,<br />I have just recently purchased a second hand sinar f1 camera. everything looks good except for the backplate. The plate with the ground glass appears to see stuck at an angle as shown in the image attached. the silver levers will not move and i don't want to force them. does anyone know what the problem is, hopefully its something small but i've looked at it over and over and i can't figure it out. i'm totally new to large format and this camera so any help in solving the problem would be greatly appreciated.</p>

<p>thanks</p>

<p>Paul</p>

<div>00XynR-318115584.jpg.fa38d3f48f5cbc6b844c1652e8e0b787.jpg</div>

<p>The back is "locked" in the open position for loading/removing a film holder. To close the back press down firmly on the tapered levers at the top of the photo and push them toward the center of the back. It may take a fair amount of pressure to get them to move and you may need to swing the bottom out about the distance of a film holder. It has very strong springs and will not break unless you hit it with a hammer.</p>

<p>The two rollers on black levers you see are what is holding it open. If you pull the back levers to far, the rollers flip past their center point and will do that. I have had mine adjusted so that they only open enough to load a film holder plus a little bit. You won't hurt anything by pulling the top of the back away and flipping the levers towards the back.</p>