Bogen Manfrotto leg lever replacement

polizonte

<p>Today was a cold day and I broke two levers that lower the leg sections of beloved Bogen Manfrotto 3036 (purchased in the early 1980's) - I really like this tripod and hate to part with it - also because I just bought the quick release accessories for the tripod, my monopod and three cameras only a few months ago. Has anyone ever had such a repair done?</p>

<p>Hi Tom, I broke one of the levers on my Manfrotto 728 digi. I went to the website and got the contact information and ordered whatever I needed. Came in a kit, reasonably priced and was delivered within a week to 10 days.<br>

Mark</p>

<p>This old tripod weighs about 12 lbs., extends to a height of about 7', has a geared center and a water level. Purchased 30 years ago for medium format cameras, it would be quite costly to replace. Now that I have a D700 and a 70-200 VR ii, 105 micro, the extra weigh is still of value.</p>

<p>I wish to thank all of you for your suggestions - Henry's link (Info Manfrotto USA) responded very promptly. I believe I bought this tripod from B&H. The replacement parts are either expensive(upper leg assembly), even used parts from resellers. It is almost cheaper to buy an 055XB tripod to couple with my old 3029 head with quick-release plate adapter. </p>

<p>Henry Posner, thank you, I found the levers for my vintage Manfrotto at the B&H website and the one suggested by Chuck Pere. Only 2 levers needed to be replaced but as a preventive measure, I bought 4; total cost with standard shipping was $15. While waiting for delivery I looked at a number of tripods in the $170 range and none seemed to have the same features as mine. The 3036 legs although connected to a center tube move independently (compared to studio tripods) and without click stops, predetermined angles. The center post is geared; the overall weight and conventional tilt & pan as opposed to a ball head are things I have grown accustomed to over the years.</p>