Newbie with a "Brandy New" Rolleiflex MX-EVS Type 1

gus_hagberg

<p>Hi,<br>

Happy New Year To All!<br>

I'm new to these forums and from what I've seen so far I know I'm in just the right place.<br>

I LOVE Classic Cameras and own or have owned quite a few now. My newest Gem is a Rolleiflex MX-EVS Type 1. It was a gift from a good friend who's father owned this camera.<br>

Due to the fact that it did not work when I got it, I sent it out to get repaired and CLA'd. This is my question to you folks who know the etiquette of this site. Can I mention a repair persons name here or make and receive comments about their quality of work?<br>

I have not gotten my camera back yet, but if he does a great job I feel that I should share this with everyone. Please advise me.<br>

Thanks!<br>

Gus</p>

• 3 weeks later...

<p>Hi Les,<br>

I'm waiting until I have 3 or 4 rolls of film to process before I send them out. This brings me to another question.<br>

I'm saddened by the fact that getting film processed locally is getting harder all the time. The little guys are being pushed out of business by the digital revolution. And getting 120 film processed is even harder.<br>

I have used A&I in the past and they did a great job. But I live in Connecticut, they are in California. Any input regarding who to trust with my film would be appreciated. I'm not a great photographer and I make no money with this so my budget is a big consideration to me.<br>

Oh, and before I forget, I just had this camera repaired and CLA'd by Krimar Photo and Krikor did an OUTSTANDING job with it. The price was reasonable and he is a very nice man to deal with. I will recommend him to anyone who has a Rollei needing repair. Rolleis are the only thing he works on and he does them well.<br>

Thanks again,<br>

Gus</p>