Canon Thursday Pic 2010: #19

nathangardner

<p>Just a tree, in the street in front of my house. When i was leaving for the supermarket i noticed the light through the branches, and took a quick snapshot. Not realy happy with the result, but i'll keep trying to get a better shot :-)<br>

5DmkII, 28-80 2.8-4.0</p><div>00XwSa-316003584.JPG.030150dd9080537eb7adf295a121ab0a.JPG</div>

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p><a title="Winter alert by dcstep, on Flickr" href=" Winter alert src="http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5241/5307712923_7207e3f9d3_b.jpg" alt="Winter alert" width="1024" height="683" /></a><br>

We got our first real snow today. Here's a mule deer doe that seems to be alert to a coyote or something following her group. I never saw the threat.</p>

<table cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" width="100%">

<tbody>

<tr >

<th>Camera</th>

<td><a href="http://www.flickr.com/cameras/canon/eos_7d/">Canon EOS 7D</a></td>

</tr>

<tr >

<th>Exposure</th>

<td>0.004 sec (1/250)</td>

</tr>

<tr >

<th>Aperture</th>

<td>f/5.6</td>

</tr>

<tr >

<th>Focal Length</th>

<td>500 mm</td>

</tr>

<tr>

<th>ISO Speed</th>

<td>1600</td>

</tr>

<tr>

<th>Exposure Bias</th>

<td>

<p>+5/3 EV</p>

</td>

</tr>

</tbody>

</table>

<p>I am glad that we all agree that "The show must go on"! Looking at great photos posted this week I can't help it but to comment on few of those. Of course its only MHO to pick few and there are many other honorable mentions too. Here is my take on some:<br>

@ Luis: Wow I am already drooling over that lens! You should post some of the images taken with that too.

@ James D: very interesting story and morale behind this picture.

@ Karen: A lovely portrait from a wonderful girl.

@ Mark K: I really like the silhouette of the birds (Cormorants?).

@ Ron D: You have a powerful story teller picture here, healthy childhood curiosity in a nutshell.

@ John H: An image which tells more story than just the sport itself.

@ David S: Using 500 mm focal length definitely helped intensifying the moment.

My contribution to this week is from a bench at trail head of a horse trail (snow mobile trail in the winter).

Cheers, Hadi

</p><div>00Xwa9-316113584.jpg.53dc0e66b0e51e43ea1fa8cd3fb440dc.jpg</div>

<p><a title="IMG_0445 by fzx_is_phun, on Flickr" href=" IMG_0445 src="http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5044/5310548096_53ee365ced_z.jpg" alt="IMG_0445" width="640" height="512" /></a><br />Another attempt at some night photography. Those are the lights of Oakland, CA and it's airport from a parking lot at Holy Names University. The dark strip is San Francisco Bay and the then the lights of the peninsula. Notice the plane taking off on the right side of the photo. 30 second exposure with an xti, iso 400, f11 taken last night, Thursday,</p>