Low Light Lense

stephen_gardner

<p>Hey Javier,</p>

<p>Yeah I was talking about mp too. Your image came to 10.59 million mega pixels. The D7000's max res is 16.06 million mega pixels.</p>

<p>The reason I mention this is that you said the 16 mp gives you extra room for cropping so I wanted to point out to you (in case it was inadvertently done) that you were only using about 10 mp (same as a D80).</p>

<p>Thanks again.</p>

<p>Nish,<br>

Thank you for the correction. You are right and I have adjusted my camera accordingly. :) It is interesting really. Mostly I shoot Pentax and with the Pentax gear, the J pegs have nearly 1/3 more res. I will have to pay more attention to this and do some experimenting. I was confusing res with image size. Thanks again :)</p>

<p>Hi Guys,<br>

I probably should of made myself a bit clearer but I actually own a D80 but will be renting the D700 with a view to buying one in the New Year. I think it is clear that the D700 would be the choice because of the sensor and ISO ability but wouldn't a fast 2.8 of some sort also help the objective as well, I can understand people saying the 85 or 50 prime 1.4 or 1.8 but I will be standing at on the edge of a hall/dining area?<br>

Many Thanks</p>

<p>@Elliot, ok, but that's a big "IF"...</p>

<p>i upgraded from d80 to d300 and again to D3s just because i wanted better high-ISO performance without having to spend hours tinkering with software. maybe for others its worth the time/effort.</p>

<p>i have to say, the D3s is fairly amazing at high ISOs, there's basically no noise until 12,800. i'm sure i could shoot at 25,600 with NR processing...</p><div>00Xt7w-313187584.jpg.635a8f884498efbe3072ff6fe807fba9.jpg</div>