Schneider or Rodenstock

paul h

<p>Hi all,<br>

I am looking into getting a lens in the region of +200mm for 4X5, I have a Shen Hao and a 90mm and 150mm so would like a lens with a bit more reach. I found these two lenses at a reasonable price and would like to hear any advice regarding which one to spring for. Would these lenses work fine on my Shen Hao? Lenses are:<br>

<strong>FUJINON-W 250mm F6.3 CM Large Format Lens</strong><br>

<strong>SCHNEIDER SYMMAR-S 210mm F5.6 Multi-Coated</strong><br>

Thanks to all for your input, it is greatly appreciated.<br>

Paul<strong><br /></strong></p>

<p>They will work on your camera as long as the shutter diameter fits the lens board.<br>

You've titled this post 'Schneider or Rodenstock', but listed only Fuji and Schneider. IMHO the Rodenstock/Linos lenses feature a better overall sharpness and even light distribution, while the Fuji lenses are incredibly sharp. BTW, the Fujinon-W 6.3/250 lenses are multicoated as well - at least the newer ones. The half stop less speed doesn't count in LF shooting because you'll stop down to f11 anyway </p>

------------------------------------------

Worry is like a rocking chair.

It will give you something to do,

but it won't get you anywhere.

<p>With the two lenses you already own, 210mm would be to close to 150mm for my taste. The spacing between the lenses would be more even with the Fujinon 250mm lens (1.6 ratio)<br /> I own several Fujinon lenses (65, 135, 450mm) and I'm more than happy with each of them. I wouldn't agonize too much about the brand.<br /> Both lenses you mention will fit your Shen Hao.</p>

<p>Don't rule out Fujionon-A 9/240mm (Copal 0) or Schneider G-Claron 9/240mm (Copal 1) lenses. Both are exceptionally sharp and lightweight lenses.</p>