Anyone have the new 35mm f/2.4 lens?

shaloot

<p>I'm eyeballing this lens as well. Since I have the budget of a pauper, this lens would really fit the bill for my indoor work. I'm finding the M-40 to be sharp enough but a touch too long in my limited space, but a 50 on my ZX-M felt perfect. If this lens is 52mm(equiv) than I should be golden. The kit lens, while sharp enough, is just too slow to focus in low light.</p>

<p>It confirms what I've said all along, the FA 35mm is one of the best lenses Pentax made, and comparative to other brands it's an amazing lens wide open dollar for dollar against the competition. It holds it's own against the slower but newer DA 2.4, the fringing is greater, but really not extreme from the FA 35mm, looks like Lightroom would have no problem making both lenses pretty similar in that regard.</p>

<p>I think with the distance scale issue, I'd opt for the FA 35mm or the DA Macro (which means I would get the DA Macro since I sold the FA35mm because of the plastic build!). However, for someone not really concerned with eithe Macro or the extra speed or (especially) the distance scales, the DA 35mm 2.4 looks like a great lens for the price.</p>

<p> </p>