South Bangalore Commercial Strip

<p>SP, I don't mean to imply anything about the roads there. It's just that was one of two photos I found, in my somewhat random filing system, that I was 100% certain was taken with my Prakticamat with the Oreston lens attached. Plus, I learned how to ride, sort of, on a very similar machine when I was young, also of French manufacture but maybe 15 years newer than that scooter. What I find interesting, from your photos, is that there's a lot more economic growth there than here, where the middle class is shrinking daily and a susbtantial percentage of our downtown commercial storefront space is boarded up (Montreal, Canada). I don't know if infrastructure spending is a high priority for your government, but I do know that we frequently have slabs of concrete falling off of our elevated highways from lack of maintenance.</p>

<p>I have heard of adventurous tourists in some countries buying scooters to use as transportation for the duration of their trips, and selling or giving them away when they depart. I would consider it, myself, if I thought I could pack enough camera gear in saddlebags to get by. I suppose I would need some clothes as well. I might be getting a little old, though, for that sort of trip.</p>

<p><strong>Jody</strong>, I presented only the facts about our urban condition. I am associated with some NGOs and the Courts in fighting the chaos to get some order. You will enjoy the rural roads in many states, especially, in the South and in the Himalayas, Punjab, Gujarat and Maharashtra. You could even buy a car like the Maruti-Suzuki 800 and sell it off after your tour. It would cost around US$ 4500 as opposed to a good motor bike that would cost around $2500. And after the tour you can sell the car for some thing like $3000. There are many beautiful landscapes and places of historical interest that you would enjoy photographing. Bset wishes, sp.</p>

<p>Thanks for these interesting pics SP. The Nova series production was 837,050 units compared to the preceding Practica IV and V which together sold only 184,818 so the Nova series must have seemed pretty cool in its day.</p>

<p>In my 1967 catalog the Nova B with Domiplan was GBP46 and with Tessar GBP56.The Pentax Spotmatic with f1.8 was GBP 120 and the Pentax S1a GBP 78.</p>

<p>Thank you Alan for the details. I have almost all the models of the Nova series, the Nova, Nova1, Nova 1B, the MAT and the Super TL. All made between 1964 and 1970. And, all of them work well. They seem to be designed and engineered with care and precision; it is easy to do a CLA on these models, unless one wants to go for a complete dis-assembly and/or changing the curtains. They don't seem to be built as ruggedly as the Ihagee Exakta VX 1000s. But then, those belonged to a different era and class of design though from the same Dresden. I won't venture to compare the prices with the Pentax, as a lot of the price for Pentax included the packaging, advertising, marketing and other costs. Regards, sp.</p>