Photo Handouts

jvan

<p>It looks okay overall. Do you specialize in child portraiture exclusively? Otherwise I would include head shots or senior portraits (school graduation) or lifestyle or any other image that gives an indication of other types of photography that you offer. One child appears three times and another twice in a small card -- it may give the impression that you don't have any other portraits (i.e., little experience), even though that may not be true. I wouldn't put the logo over the face of the portrait -- it seems to diminish the value of the photograph. Although the children have catch lights in their eyes, the lighting seems poor overall (the eyes are especially dark).</p>

<p>Are all pictures of the same girl? Do you only shoot head shots of babies? No phone number? Some of the crops are random and feel uncomfortable(technically speaking.) A simple design can be more effective. When creating marketing material, try not to be too attached to the subject. Rather, concentrate on capturing potential clients' emotions with the images.</p>

<p>Justin, the concept is good and the card looks nice, but like the others I think you might vary the models a little more, even to the point of including a family group if you do those. Also, you are using those photos for a commercial purpose...do you have a release on each model?</p>

• 2 weeks later...
<p>The layout isn't working for me. It's much too cluttered. Your name is scrawled across faces, which might be taken erroneously as a sign of disrespect for the subjects. You might consider using just two photos from the first design you posted, the top center, and the top left. The girl (top center) should be placed far right, with her cropping not so tight, and nothing written across her face. The girl with the cute surprised look should go top left with your info under her photo.<br /> You could also enlist the help of a local college graphics design class for some help, or ask for a referral to a student who could use the temp job.<br /> I'll try to attach a cropped photo to give you an idea.<br /> Roger Dennis</p><div>00XqBz-310551584.jpg.d7a269efe1937ce9423a927a9995abc4.jpg</div>

<p>I like your 2nd version better with fewer photos. On the back you should list any other specialties, ie. Seniors.<br>

Vick's point about releases is a good one! Are these your kids? Otherwise you need to have parent releases.<br>

The ytpe style seems a little 'rough' to me. Maybe better, or OK, for some edgy senior portrait promotion.</p>

• 3 weeks later...

<p>I don't like the images or the layout. With all of the textures and backgrounds available you come across as more "old skool" and frankly the images lack significant punch. I strongly agree with the concept of one card per area of specialty ie children photography, but your overall card with just one model looks like you're just getting started. I'm sure with a very minimal amount of work you can find willing parents to have their children's picure taken in exchange for use in the marketing material. Also, you'll want to do some of the more traditional studio shots that will help present you as a professional. Unfortunately, your pictures look like any other shot, not really high end. Instead of printing a 4x6 print, why not purchase 5x7 press cards that can be printed on both sides? 150 of them will only cost you about $68.00 and will be a much stronger professional image. Instead of the coupon, why not have a link to your website or email club wherein you offer a discount for new clients etc. There are a lot of ways to go but hopefully this helps you a little.<br>

Here's a basic template from a package I purchased for weddings to give you an idea of what I mean - Just stuck my logo and pictures on it.</p><div>00Xw12-315661584.jpg.e3ad88d72e64dacfd1f96228733e7826.jpg</div>