Unpredictable color shifts: what's happening here?

<p>The only thing I can think of is different colored artificial lights cycling so fast that I pick up a different dominant light on the ice. Some of these shots, like 058, I can see it's actually getting more and more reddish the farther down the frame it goes. Is the color space shifting so fast – faster than the follow shutter is closing – that I can see a specific flood light cycling on and another coming off? This is the only thing I can think of. That, and that it was about -12ºF when I shot the game. Thanks.</p>

<p>It's the cycling of the lights at 60Hz (or 50Hz, I forget) and the color temp changes as it cycles. Normal.</p>

<p>I heard you can take a shot at 1/60th which you can use to set your WB as it will average out all the color shifts. Won't be perfect but will be better than what you have there.</p>

<p>Yet again cameras reveal what is really going on; what our eyes and our brains average out. :)</p>

<p>This is indeed the flickering of the lights. There's a ton of good information in this thread over on sportsshooter.com:</p>

<p>http://www.sportsshooter.com/message_display.html?tid=20873</p>

<p>Pay close attention to the link to the animated GIF made by Guy Rhodes in his post about half-way down the page</p>