Blogging Confusion

chris_johnston

<p>I have been considering a blog, there are groups of photos I would like to publish but they need text to put them in context. My web page does not work for text postings. I have looked at various options wordpress, a mini-blog from bludomain my url host, not really sure WTF a miniblog is as opposed to a maxi. It occurred to me this morning that perhaps facebook or its ilk is a consideration.<br>

I need clean design, the ability to integrate text with images, add links.<br>

Can any of you folks offer me some guidance on what will be the best way to go about this? I live so far out in the middle of nowhere and really have little expereince in this aspect of self promotion.<br>

Kind regards,</p>

<p>Chris Johnston<br>

Omaruru Namibia<br>

<b>Signature URL removed. Not permitted per photo.net Terms of Use.</b></p>

• 2 weeks later...

<p>You can made a blog in the high page rank sites and put a content,image and url for that domain and then post it.You can get more more visits to your sites.and link can be share in the facebook.<br>

----------------------<br>

<a href="http://www.techndu.com/"><strong>SEO Outsourcing</strong></a><br /><br /></p>

<table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" width="90">

<col width="90"></col>

<tbody>

<tr height="17">

<td width="90" height="17"><br /></td>

</tr>

</tbody>

</table>

<p>Blogging is for blogging. If you aren't going to blog, then don't consider using a blogging software. It sounds to me less like you need blogging and more like you need a better system for managing content and a redesign of how your site displays said content. That said, software like Wordpress can work well as a content management system when done right.</p>

<p>If you decide to do blogging, make sure you outline exactly how you will be doing it. Are you doing a photo blog with a new photo everyday? Or maybe one with a new, but very polished photo, every week? Once you have made the commitment, you need to stick with it. A blog that hasn't been updated in months, or even years, is really bad for business.</p>

<p>That said, make sure you also have a good idea of if you are keeping the blog as part of your business identity, or is it personal. If it is personal, you might move off to one of the third party sites, such as blogspot. If it is business related, I would say host it on your own site.</p>