28 f2 AI with Nikon F6

zane_yau

<p>Hi guys<br>

I just bought a 28 f2 AI off ebay. The lens is in excellent+ condition which I really like. However, I noticed that the bottom of the lens seems to have been cut into a particular shape, which looks like the bottom of my other AI AIS lenses. You can see the silver bits rather than the black paint <br>

<br />Another issue is that the lens works well on my D3 and FM3A, but when I use it on my F6, it seems to touch my F6's mirror. So I compared with my other lenses, the F6 clears my other lenses and I just have issues with this lens. When I take out the lens, it doesn't seem that the mirror or the back of the lens (the black metal bit) have been scratched or anything, but it just has a sharp vibration. Do you know the reason?</p>

<p>Thanks for any input. </p>

<blockquote>

<p>However, I noticed that the bottom of the lens seems to have been cut into a particular shape, which looks like the bottom of my other AI AIS lenses.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>That comment is puzzling. If that part of this lens is "cut," shouldn't it look different from other "normal" lenses? If it looks just like other leness, what is abnormal about it?</p>

<p>Since the OP has a D3, could you take a picture of that bottom part of your lens and post the image here so that we have a better understanding of what you may be observing?</p>

<p>Hi thanks for responses guys. It's cut into the shape which looks like other AIS lenses I own but it's got the silver bits without black paint, so it's obvious that it's been cut (unlike those on the aiconversion website)... I will take some pic tonight and post it. Thanks</p>