Bowens 3KHS circuit diagrams or how to change a tube?

<p>Hi there, does anyone know how to replace a tube for the above, it is the grey head. Is is just a matter of unscrewing the brass screw and loosening off the wire from the metal support? Or does the brass screw keep the base attached and we need to just pull the tube away from its two fittings and release the wire? Anyone fix these in London? thanks</p><div>00Xlz6-307083584.jpg.40328bcad9f01f01a85c987689f7e515.jpg</div>

<p>Hi Carl,<br>

the Flasch Centre should be the repair place, and it used to be under the Brunswick Centre building near Russel Square. I know that Bowens won't service nor release data on the older units, even though they were pretty damn good.<br>

Now, I don't have any of the Quad gear, however as far as I recall, all Bowens units used the same tube, and still do. On my Monolites the removal of the tube is a bit different, so I can't help, but your assumption is probably correct. Use an insulated electrician's screwdriver, and don't get fingerprints on the tube, so use a latex glove. Contact with the terminals may still carry power even if the head is not connected to the generator, so best to be safe.<br>

As for the tube, it is probably the same as all the rest, and hence also compatible with the Calumet own brand strobes, therefore you can also go to Calumet, near Old Street if I recall, and get one of their replacement tubes, which should be about half the price of a Bowens original, and probably made by the same factory. Just take your tube to make sure it looks the same (as the power rating of the tube should be determined by the volume of inside of the tube).</p>

<p>t</p>