Scottish Wedding Photographer Recommendation

nanette

<p>Hello,<br>

It's been a while since I've been active on photo.net but I know that there is a good community here and lots of members with good advice.<br>

I'm getting married in Pitlochry, Perth, Scotland in February next year and thought I had settled on a photographer. I've been in touch regularly with this photographer since September but now haven't heard from them in two weeks. We are at the stage where I am trying to pay a deposit but would like to have a contract in place before I send any money. The last email I got from the photographer was the option to pay via PayPal which I'd like to do but still haven't heard anything despite sending two more emails in the last couple of days. I know they are connected to the Internet because I can see their posts on Twitter. I'd just like confirmation from them that they did receive my emails and am not even getting that. Their lack of communication with me now is a growing concern. What if they don't show up to the wedding and what if they don't send my photos in the end?<br>

I'm put into the position where I will need to have a back up plan. I need to communicate via email, as I'm not from the UK but am getting married abroad. Are there any suggestions for quality wedding photographers in this area of Scotland that any of you would recommend?<br>

Thanks in advance for all your help.</p>

<p>nanette</p>

<p>I can suggest Simon Crofts who posts here fairly frequently.<br /> <a href="http://www.edinburghweddingphotos.com/index.php?splash=1">www.edinburghweddingphotos.com</a></p>

<p>Although I wouldn't discount your current arrangements just yet. It's not unusual for a photographer to be away from home for two weeks, and if you've had prior confirmation from them (and paid their fee) then it may be premature to assume something is wrong. It's also possible to use Twitter from a phone that is unsuitable for email.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>If you chose your photographer for a reason then best to be a little patient, sometimes, in the height of business communications have to be prioritised, though I would expect most to have at least acknowledged your e-mail (check you have sent it correctly, one wrong letter can mess things up sometimes). A short phone call in extremis is also an option.<br>

A lot of photographers are also wary of overseas hires by e-mail due to the many e-mail scammers out there. It might be worth pointing him to your photo net profile, or other proof that you're a real person.<br>

A search for wedding photographers and the region should bag you quite a few, some may match the style/package that you are looking for. If it's a weekend I could probably stretch as far as Perth even...though with Scottish weather conditions I would recommend finding someone local, so they can walk in if caught in snow drifts!<br>

As with any location we're a wide ranging bunch, from the budget/2nd job end like me, to the full time pro's like Simon Croft above.</p>

<p>Thanks Duncan and Neil for your replies and suggestions. I will wait until the end of the week and try calling the photographer. I didn't even think of email spam since I have been in touch regularly via email with the photographer and she came recommended by the hotel that we are having our reception in.</p>

<p>Yes, I have heard about the weather in Scotland and it pleases me, although I hope the roads will still be passable. I absolutely want there to be snow for the wedding. :) I am going to try and make a back up plan though just to be sure. Thanks again guys!</p>

<p>Cheers Neil for thinking of us :)</p>

<p>Nanette, if things don't work out with your photographer, as far as locality is concerned, I wouldn't feel that you need to restrict yourself to someone in or close to Perth. Perth is just an hour away from Edinburgh or Glasgow, and most or all photographers are very happy to travel - an hour or so away is pretty much average for our weddings, many are a lot further than that.</p>

<p>If you need any information, suggestions, ideas direct from a bunch of Scottish brides you can also try <a href="http://scottishweddingdirectory.co.uk/forum/index.php">here</a>.</p>

• 2 weeks later...

<p>The best Scottish wedding photographers imo are:<br>

Dave Bryce: <cite>www.<strong>davidbryce</strong>.com</cite><br>

Gordon McGowan: <cite>www.<strong>gordonmcgowan</strong>.co.uk</cite><br>

Mark Bryce: http://www.imagesofmorningside.com<br>

Seppi Preston: http://www.lighthousestudios.co.uk<br>

Nick Kirk: <cite>www.ndkweddingphotography.com</cite></p>

<p>All are full-time, qualified Master Photographers.<br /><br>

Good luck with your wedding!</p>

<p>Steve</p>