LumoPro LP160

max_barstow

<p>Hi,</p>

<p>I'm interested in the LP160 as a flash to be used with my Rolleiflex 3.5F.<br>

It looks well-specced for what I want (an all manual flash), and is very affordable. What I want to know is, is it good, as in reliable and durable? Is there anything I should watch out for with it? I can't really afford an expensive canon, nikon, or metz flash, and I don't want any of their digital auto features anyway, but I'm just a little dubious of buying from a relatively small and unestablished company (perhaps unfairly).</p>

<p>The other thing I'm concerned about is holding it; can I attach it firmly to the camera in any way, or do I just have to use my hand, at the expense of other controls? What kind of cord do I use to attach it? LumoPro talk about 1/8 Microphone cords; what are they and can they be used with the Rollei?</p>

<p>Finally, as a general question about flash, can someone tell me the formula used to calculate aperture based on guide number, ISO and distance (I'm new to flash)? I do have a flashmeter, but it won't always be convenient to use it at larger distances.</p>

<p>Thanks v. much, Max</p>