BW-55A hood

john_anthony_powell

<p>If you can't find a BW-55-A, you could buy a much more common BS-55 and shorten it. The BS-55 is the same diameter as the BW-55-A, but is 7mm longer (30mm vs 23mm). The BW-55-B is shorter than the BW-55-A by just one millimeter, but its diameter is 7mm larger.</p>

<p>It's been my experience that the BW-55-A is easier to find than the BW-55-B. If you use filters on a regular basis, Canon's bayonet mount hoods are more convenient and less likely to cause vignetting than generic screw-in hoods.</p>

<p>Time to pull out the saw and start hacking away? One of my back-burner projects is to convert my extra FD bayonet lens hoods to petal-style hoods (e.g., BS-55 to a BW-55-A equivalent, BT-58 to a BS-58 equivalent, etc.). One of these days, when I get around to it ...</p>

• 2 weeks later...

<p>Gordan...you have more ambition than I<br>

anyway..not to slag off eBay Spain...the Seller checked stock. admitted he sent the wrong one, asked me to return, will refunded my postage [unheard of in eBay-UK]<br>

and has dispatched correct BW-55-A...not yet received, as our brilliant Royal Mail has suspended delivery to snow-bound Scotland<br>

a 'plus-One' to your Arthur at KEH.com who is holding a correct hood for me in case...!!!</p>