What is a good price?

salvatore

As a M7 0,58 with an 2,8/28mm is a fortune here in Switzerland, I am

thinking about to let the fiance of my sister in Los Angeles buy a

set and let it bring to Switzerland for Chrismas.

- So what is a good price for such a new set with original

International 3 or 5 year warranty?

- Where has my future brother-in-law to buy it so that he has not to

pay US taxes?

Thanks for your advises

Unless one buys a item in a state with no sales tax, sales tax must be paid to the dealer if one takes it from the store. However, if the item is shipped to an out of state address, there will be no sales tax. I would advise your courier to buy the camera from a dealer not located in California. This can be done via telephone or web. Of course there will shipping costs but no sales tax.

Good Luck!

Bob the Conniver

Have your fiance buy it from Rich Pinto, of Photo Village (in New York), on an upcoming Leica Day (December 4th I believe). She will get it within a day or two, with appropriate rebates and no sales tax. Rich is excellent to deal with, you can read reviews of him here and on Photo Net's dealer feedback list. Always buy on Leica Days as you save money. I saved $400 on M6 bodies (10 percent off and $200 rebates). Rich has an email address and is very responsive via email or phone. Please examine the website. http://www.photovillage.com/ Good luck.

Salvatore,

Don't know about exact prices. But, I've dealt with Robert White in the UK with great results (www.robertwhite.co.uk.com). They provide a 2 year Leica UK Passport warranty. And Robert White is a gem to deal with in general, very honest folks. I've also had very positive experiences dealing with Delta International (www.deltainternational.com), ask for Betty. She is terrific, fast courteous service and fast shipping. They carry a 3rd party 3 year warranty. Then there is B&H for more expensive but very reliable service as well, 3 year USA leica passport. I believe they ship internationally as well. The only problem you may have is whether these places have the .58 mag in stock. Good luck.