Adobe Photoshop CS3

kevin_draper

<p>Would Photoshop Elements be a place to start? <br /> Try Google search, "Photoshop Elements versus Photoshop" read up and think about it.<br /> Elements could be a place to begin your journey. And it may offer what you need.<br /> Just my thoughts to help.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Photoshop CS3 still does the job and has a lot more in it than Photoshop Elements, but under the legal fiction of "licensing" that prevails, I'm not actually sure about the transfer of the software to a new user.</p>

<p>Here and there, there may be some vendors who have still-in-the-package new old software. I have seen such things on eBay in the past. I'd look there or on other auction sites. Right now there is a Windows™ unopened CS3 offered for $225 on eBay. There may be others...</p>

<p>Kevin, for what platform? Windows? Mac? And what language? Also do you need "traditional" or "extended"?<br>

I was looking for a Mac CS3 upgrade for my version of CS2, but only found Windows ones. I found a lot of Spanish versions around for some reason. Try eBay or Amazon.<br>

For what it's worth, I spoke with Adobe Sales and explained my situation. I even asked them if I could just buy a license from them (no media) and not the physical media, any copy the media from a friend (realistically, since you can download the CS5 media directly from Adobe this seemed like a good idea). They couldn't help - their system doesn't even allow them to take orders for older versions anymore, so you'll be stuck going to a reseller.</p>